About Me

My photo
Pop culture junkie, native of Las Vegas, not really a writer.
You can stalk me on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Kerry_McC

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Film Scene I Love - East of Eden



James Dean and Julie Harris in the carnival scene from East of Eden. Everyone always talks about James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause but I think this is his best role. I love how he listens to Abra talk on the Ferris Wheel. She is basically talking about how she sometimes thinks she'd like to be like the slutty girls that he goes out with, all the while not realizing that he doesn't want that, he wants Abra for her goodness. It's a great little scene that reveals so much of the characters. It makes me sad all over again to wonder what James Dean could have become if he hadn't died so young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Thank you!