About Me

My photo
Pop culture junkie, native of Las Vegas, not really a writer.
You can stalk me on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Kerry_McC

Monday, November 2, 2009

Artist Kevin Baker

I was reading Interview Magazine and there was a small article on Kevin Baker, an up and coming artist from Kentucky who is now working in NYC. I think his paintings are amazing. He is inspired by the kitschy oilcloths that his grandmother used to cover everything with because they were easy to clean. He uses floral oilcloths as his canvas and then paints over them. I think these are beautiful, romantic, whimsical, and heady. I LOVE.

Water Wall, 2009

Blue Ice, 2007

Carmen Miranda, 2008

Hibiscus, 2007

Celebration, 2007

Cherokee, 2007

La Fiesta, 2006

Purple Haze, 2009

The Canals of Venice, 2007

The Current, 2008

Untitled, 2005

Zen, 2008

Photo of the artist by Graeme Mitchell, 2009

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kerry!!! You're so kind!!! I'm very happy you like my art!!!!
    Kevin Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Your art is beautiful. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you!