About Me

My photo
Pop culture junkie, native of Las Vegas, not really a writer.
You can stalk me on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Kerry_McC

Friday, January 29, 2010

Amazingly pretty bird photography

A birder I follow on Twitter (that sounds HILARIOUS, doesn't it?) linked to a flickr account that has some of the prettiest, most amazing bird photography I've ever seen!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnfish/

According to the flickr profile they are a brother and sister photography duo working out of Taipei, Taiwan.

There are HUNDREDS of photos! I highly encourage you to explore this gorgeous photostream. Even if you couldn't give a damn about birds!

Here is just a small sampling of their incredible shots:


Taiwan Yuhina, taken at Basianshan National Forest, Taiwan


Japanese White Eye, taken at Chinshan, Taiwan


Firecrest, taken at Alishan, Taiwan


Plumbeous Water Redstart, taken at Wuling Farm, Taiwan


Vivid Niltava, taken at Xin_Zhongheng, Taiwan


Fulvous-faced Flycatcher Warbler, taken at Wuling Farm, Taiwan


Rufous-bellied Blue Flycatcher, taken at Shi-Tou, Taiwan

1 comment:

  1. My brother-in-law came to housesit for my parents once and he completely re-landscaped the front yard (put up a white picket fence and everything!) and I can't remember if it was him or my parents but someone added this hummingbird feeder and a birdhouse. My parents spent many a day hanging out in the front yard watching the birds... My brother in law and parents are gone now, but thinking about their love of nature/animals/birds always brings up such warm memories...

    Thanks for these photos...

    Also, I actually SAVED a hummingbird at my old job. It was stunned or something and couldn't move so I scooped it up into a box and took it to the vets. They said they just pumped some oxygen into a tank and it tried to take flight, so they released it. I remember asking David if we could adopt it (you can't have a hummingbird as a pet, but I was going to try) and I named him Wallace!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! Thank you!