About Me

My photo
Pop culture junkie, native of Las Vegas, not really a writer.
You can stalk me on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Kerry_McC

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Blue Jacaranda

In L.A. this past weekend I was amazed by the Blue Jacaranda Trees that dotted the highways and side streets and alleys and neighborhoods. Their purple flowers are really eye catching and turn L.A. into a kind of magical fairyland for the time that they are in bloom. Apparently they can be a huge pain in the ass, because the petals fall to the ground and have to be swept constantly and they leave a sticky residue too, but I adored them! The streets in Culver City where I was staying with my friend Jen are lined with them. Take a look at these pictures!

This first shot I found online and it's of the main drag in Culver City:



And this one I took myself, although it was dusk, so it's a little dark. We had dinner under this tree at Tender Greens restaurant:



Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Thank you!