About Me

My photo
Pop culture junkie, native of Las Vegas, not really a writer.
You can stalk me on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Kerry_McC

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

2 Days in Paris

I've been a Julie Delpy fan since "Before Sunrise." I thought the screenplay she co-wrote with Ethan Hawke and Richard Linklater for "Before Sunset" was a little piece of Heaven. But still, I didn't quite know what to expect from her writing/directing debut (well I think she has done some shorts before but this is her first full length). I was pleasantly surprised. Well written, touching, and laugh out loud funny (which I didn't expect), this film was a joy to watch. Delpy really captured a relationship with all its foibles; the tender moments and the moments when a pair are just plain mean to one another for no real reason. This was also the most endearing Adam Goldberg has ever been on screen. I just wanted to give him a big hug. And am I the only one who thinks Delpy is probably a complete nut in real life? How else can she write and play these neurotic characters so perfectly?

Oh and my favorite line in the movie? Well slightly paraphrased cause it's from memory:


Marion: Why do you even want to see his grave? You don't even like Jim Morrison. You don't like The Doors.

Jack: I know, but it's a famous grave. And I'm a huge Val Kilmer fan.


LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! Thank you!